Do you know that there are different types of clay and each one has different properties? Discover how to use the white, green and red clay to improve the condition of the skin. 3 homemade masks
Clay is an ally of beauty thanks to its soothing, detoxifying, anti-inflammatory and purifying properties. In face masks and body wraps, clay acts as a natural exfoliator that cleanses, purifies and regenerates the skin.
Do you know that there are clays of different colors and each one has its own qualities? Clay contains a large amount of minerals such as iron, aluminum, calcium, silicon, magnesium, sodium, potassium, calcium, zinc … and depending on the predominant mineral concentration it will acquire a different tone.
We tell you the properties of white, green, and red clay and how to take advantage of them to make natural facial masks for each type of skin.
To make your homemade face mask you must take into account your skin type and thus choose the type of clay that best suits you. To make it, you can mix the powdered clay with water or use the elixir of healing plants that enhance the effect of the clay. Here we show you how to make three masks for three types of skin: moisturizing mask for dry skin, a detoxifying mask for oily skin and regenerating mask for skin with scars.
White clay for dry skin:
- What properties does white clay have? Its white color is due to the fact that it is clay washed by water. Due to its aluminum content, it has healing power. Ideal for dry and sensitive skin due to its moisturizing, soothing, and decongestant properties.
- White clay mask + rose water. In a glass bowl put a tablespoon of powdered white clay and add rose water, stirring until you get a paste.
Green clay for oily skin:
- What properties does green clay have? The greenish color of this clay is due to its magnesium content and ferrous iron oxides. It stands out for its astringent action on the skin, being very suitable for oily skin due to its great absorbent power that removes impurities and deeply cleanses the skin.
- Green clay mask + aloe vera juice. In a glass bowl put a tablespoon of powdered green clay and add aloe vera juice, stirring until you get a paste.
Red clay to repair the skin:
- What properties does red clay have? Its reddish color is due to its content of iron and copper oxides, which gives it an astringent action on the skin, and great absorbent power. As a natural medicine, it acts by regenerating the skin, stimulates healing, and helps to smooth marks and scars, being also suitable for combination skin and acne.
- Red clay mask + rosehip. Put a tablespoon of powdered red clay in a glass bowl and add rosehip water, stirring until you get a paste.
How to apply the clay mask on the skin:
- Wash your face with warm water and mild soap.
- With the help of a brush, apply the clay mask with help on the face, avoiding the eye contour.
- Leave on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water, towel dry, and apply your usual moisturizer.
Being a natural product, you can apply a homemade clay mask every 15 days to cleanse and purify the skin.