Can false eyelashes be reused? Increasingly popular with beauty lovers, this product can be a bit pricey, especially if you go for quality lashes. However, you should know that it is possible to reuse false eyelashes if you take proper care of them.
To be able to show off your eyelashes on more than one occasion and make them look as good as the first day, you will have to perform good maintenance every time you remove them. Do you want to have a perfect look and be able to reuse your false eyelashes without losing their shape? Take note, because from UNCOMO we explain how to clean false eyelashes to extend their life and what tricks can help you keep them better.
Materials to clean your false eyelashes:
To carry out a good cleaning of the eyelash extensions, the first thing that you should select is a good cleaning product to treat them. On the one hand, you can use a mild soap free of alcohol and oils that allows you to clean your lashes well without weakening them. However, you may find it faster and more effective to use a specific makeup remover. This is what you will need:
- Water-based makeup remover: Oil-based makeup removers can deform false eyelashes and reduce their adherence when glued. So that this does not happen, we recommend that you always go for a quality, water-based eye make-up remover. Keep in mind that this maintenance is not only essential for the condition of the eyelashes, but also to prevent them from accumulating dust and dirt particles that can irritate your eyes. Therefore, the more natural and harmless the product you use, the greater the safety.
- Cotton swabs: to manipulate the eyelashes, it is best to use the classic swabs. Although some also advise the use of cotton discs or balls, these can leave fibers stuck between the eyelashes, so from UNHOW we recommend you limit yourself to the use of cotton buds.
- Tweezers: Tweezers are only to remove large pieces of glue that may have been between the eyelashes, but in no case should you use them if you can use your fingers, as this will avoid deforming the hairs.
How long can false eyelashes last? Although this will depend on its quality, washing this accessory correctly after each use can last 10 to 12 days. So, follow the steps that we present below.
How to clean false eyelashes step by step:
How do I clean my false eyelashes so that they stay in perfect condition? Now is the time to find out! However, first we want to remind you that this process is best for glued false eyelashes, not for false magnetic eyelashes (also called magnet eyelashes). If you want to find more information about the different types of false eyelashes, in this oneHOWTO article you will find a more detailed explanation.
Now, let’s see how to clean false eyelashes step by step to extend their life to the maximum.
- Start by washing your hands with a mild soap. This step is essential, since your fingers will come into contact with your eyelashes and your eyes, so they must be well cleaned and disinfected.
- Peel off the lashes from the eyes very carefully and always use the tips of your fingers.
- Avoid using tweezers or your own nails, as this is a very delicate product that could be damaged.
- Soak a cotton swab in the water-based eye makeup remover and wipe off any excess glue that is left on the lash strip.
- Now is the time to clean your lashes thoroughly, so soak two new cotton swabs in the eye makeup remover and place the lashes between them, so that you can gently slide them from birth to tip to remove any residue.
- This process must be done on both sides of the extensions; Thanks to it, you will be able to get rid of the mascara and glue that have remained between the eyelashes.
- To remove more difficult glue residues, you can use tweezers, but always be very careful not to pull out hairs or deform the eyelashes.
- Once you’ve rubbed them gently, place them on a tissue, and allow them to dry completely.
- When they are dry, you can spray a little rubbing alcohol to remove any bacteria or debris that may have gotten between the lashes.
Other tricks to better preserve false eyelashes:
In addition to the cleaning that we have just shown you, there are other tricks that will allow you to preserve your false eyelashes much better, thus guaranteeing a more durable and effective use.
Eyelash brushing after washing is very beneficial to maintain the original curve of the complement. To do this, you can use a specific eyelash comb or, if you don’t have one, use the brush of a mascara or mascara that has already been finished. It is important that the brush is clean before use.
Brush well as if you were applying mascara, always from the bottom up and very carefully. Leave them well dry and brushed before storing.
Save them properly:
If you want to keep your eyelashes in perfect condition, you cannot store them in any way and in any place. The first thing to keep in mind is that they must be completely dry before storing them. Put them in their original box or in an eyelash case, in any case, they should be kept in a closed and airtight place to prevent dust or dirt from getting into them.
In addition to using the specific box to store them, we advise you to store them in a dark and cool place, since if they are directly exposed to light they could undergo color changes and deteriorate.
Be careful with the glue:
This warning is essential when you are about to use false eyelashes, and it is that placing the glue properly is essential to keep this accessory in perfect condition. Try not to put more than necessary, because if the glue overflows, you would have to remove it with tweezers and you could end up deforming the eyelashes.