Homemade masks for dry and oily skin
Discover what properties the egg has for your skin and how to make homemade facial masks with the yolk to nourish dry skin and with the white to clean oily skin.
The egg is a very versatile food not only in the kitchen to prepare a multitude of recipes, but also in the world of beauty. Very popular is the use of egg yolk for its nutritional power in many natural masks for the skin and for dry hair.
But do you know the power of egg whites? They help to cleanse the skin of impurities, in addition to regenerating and firming the skin. The smooth fine lines and wrinkles, as well as improve eyelid health and reduce eye bags. You can apply it clear beaten directly on the skin and let it act to notice its firming power. A natural botox.
Eggs hide two great treasures for our skin, the yolk and the white, each with different properties:
- The egg yolk: It hides a powerful concentrate of fatty acids, vitamins (vitamin A, E, D, B1, B6, B2, B12, B9 or folic acid) and minerals such as iron, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
- Egg white: Composed mainly of water and proteins, it hides one of the proteins with the highest biological value, ovalbumin, rich in essential amino acids. It also contains B vitamins and collagen that improve skin tone and give it elasticity.
How to take advantage of its effect on the skin? The yolk is perfect for nourishing dry skin and the white for cleaning oily skin. Take advantage of its power to make homemade facial masks.
Mask for dry skin: egg yolk + oil:
- How is the egg yolk mask made? You just have to mix egg yolk, a tablespoon of Greek yogurt, and a few drops of olive oil in a bowl.
- What is its effect? The egg yolk mask stands out for its high nutritional power. The fatty acids present in the yolk, together with those in olive oil, are a natural source of hydration to repair dry skin.
Mask for oily skin: egg white + lemon:
- How is the egg white mask made? You just have to beat an egg white in a bowl and once the foam has formed add a few drops of juice from half a lemon. Stir the mixture with a spoon, and voila!
- What is its effect? Egg white masks stand out for their regenerating power. Helps cleanse the skin and reduces impurities like acne, blackheads and pimples. Along with lemon, the egg white on oily skin acts as an astringent, regulating the production of sebum. And did you know that it also helps smooth expression lines and prevent wrinkles?
How to apply egg masks on the face?
- Wash your face with warm water and mild soap.
- Apply the homemade egg mask to the neck and face with gentle circular movements.
- Leave on the skin for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water, towel dry and apply your usual moisturizer.