Acne, very common in adolescence, also usually appears in adults. Although there is no single or main cause of comedones, blackheads, or pimples that appear in acne skin, genetics, some medications, and some cosmetics are contributing factors. Only in extreme cases can acne be serious and require medical treatment. (effective acne home remedies)
However, they are still annoying pimples and make the skin ugly, especially when infected, since they are painful and take on a red and inflamed appearance. In those circumstances, removing them as soon as possible becomes a priority. If you feel that this is your case, then this article with quick and effective home remedies for acne is for you. Continue reading..
How to remove acne fast – tips:
Most of those who have this problem often wonder what is the fastest way to safely remove acne. The truth is that there is no magic formula that can serve all people equally, since there are many factors that intervene in the appearance of these pimples.
- Maintain good facial hygiene with soap for acne skin or with a neutral pH.
- Go to the dermatologist and follow their advice. Almost always pimples are produced by the action of the bacteria Cut bacterium acnes that lives on the skin and that you can control with special products for this indicated by the doctor.
- Apply a single treatment, except if indicated by the doctor is a combined treatment. Therefore, try not to combine several home remedies at the same time or medicated treatments and several remedies.
- Let your skin rest and breathe by washing it well and avoiding makeup or, at least, using it for a short time and removing it correctly.
- Hydrate your skin, both inside and out. Keep in mind that you have to drink plenty of fluids a day and you should moisturize your skin with a cream indicated for skin of this type.
- Exfoliate your face to remove dead cells and cleanse the area more thoroughly, avoiding the accumulation of dirt and, therefore, sources of infection.
- Do not squeeze the pimples because the only thing you will do is make them worse. If you squeeze them, they will become inflamed, red, and can become more infected.
- Improve your diet and exercise more, as they are two key points to improve skin health and eliminate toxins while helping to regulate possible hormonal problems.
Home remedies for pimples – fast and effective:
Although there are medications, soaps and other products formulated to treat acne that you can buy in pharmacies, there are also some measures that you can take at home, in order to eliminate it as quickly as possible. we recommend the following quick and effective home remedies for acne, which we will detail in the following sections:
- Tea tree essential oil.
- Aloe vera or aloe vera.
- Apple vinegar.
- Green Tea.
Tea tree essential oil for acne:
A 2007 study from the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology treated 60 patients with mild to moderate acne. They divided the group into two, one applied a gel made with tea tree oil and the other a placebo. Topical use of tea tree oil was effective against these skin lesions. This is due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Precisely, the oil is capable of fighting and eliminating Cutibacterium acnes, a bacterium that lives on the skin and responsible for pore infection.
So that it is not too harsh on the skin, you should use a carrier or transport oil that will hydrate the skin at the same time, such as argan, olive or safflower oil. So, to use tea tree oil for acne, use the following procedure:
- Mix 7 drops of tea tree oil with 5 ml (one tablespoon) of your preferred carrier oil.
- Dip a cotton swab or cotton pad in the mixed oil.
- Apply it directly to the pimple to be removed.
- Repeat one or two more times, if necessary
Quick and effective home remedies for acne: aspirin paste:
As we already explained, cyclical acid is an ingredient in some acne creams. But if you don’t have one, you can make acne aspirin at home by:
- Crush several aspirin pills.
- Add water with a dropper very little by little until it forms a paste.
- Now, clean your face completely.
- Using a cotton swab, apply the aspirin paste to the pimples.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes and rinse with plenty of water. This remedy can be applied up to 2 times a day if necessary.
Aloe Vera Acne Mask:
Aloe vera is known to have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, and regenerative properties. Thus, it has the ability to help the skin heal and prevent or reduce acne spots. To use it, you can buy it in gel or pure. If you are lucky enough to have an aloe plant or get its leaves, then try this home acne treatment with aloe vera.
- Cut a piece of aloe vera leaf or stalk.
- Remove the skin and the yellowish part inside with great care and a sharp knife.
- Once the glass is very clean, blend it to obtain the aloe vera gel. You can add a few drops of lemon and a little honey to get a more effective mask against acne, as these two ingredients are also great antibacterial.
- Whether you use it in a localized way or as a mask for the whole face, leave it on for about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face completely and wash it with warm water and pH-neutral soap.
Apple cider vinegar, one of the best home remedies for acne:
The organic acids in apple cider vinegar are capable of fighting the main acne bacteria. In addition, this vinegar helps to improve healing and removes excess oil on the skin. If you want to know how to use apple cider vinegar for acne, take note of these steps.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 4 tablespoons of water.
- After cleansing your face with warm water, apply the apple cider vinegar diluted with a cotton ball, as a facial toner.
- Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly. You can use this remedy once a day and at most twice.
Green tea to clear acne fast:
Green tea has the property of reducing the production of oil in the skin, as well as reducing inflammation. This is due to the antioxidant biotechnological-3-gallate (EGCG). In fact, on the market there are lotions and creams whose active ingredient comes from green tea. but you can also prepare it at home. Take note of the directions for using green tea to remove acne:
- Prepare the green tea according to the directions on the package. It will be enough if you prepare an amount for one or two cups.
- When it is cold, use a cotton ball to distribute it on the pimples or pimples with soft touches and without rubbing. You can also spray green tea over your face with a spray bottle.
- In both cases, allow it to dry completely, then rinse thoroughly with plenty of warm water. You can do this cleaning up to twice a day.
Note: You can also prepare a green tea mask with matcha tea powders for a more intense treatment.
Other effective anti-acne treatments:
Common acne is also called youth acne, because it is typical of adolescents and young adults. Another name for this type of acne is hormonal acne, because it develops in response to hormonal changes. If you have this problem and, above all, if it is severe acne, consider going to a dermatologist to explain the most recommended anti-acne medical treatments for you, such as the ones we explain below. However, do not try to apply them all at the same time, because it can be counterproductive and irritate the dermis.
Benzoyl peroxide products for acne:
Salicylic acid is another very popular compound found in creams and lotions for treating acne and for removing pimples. The difference is that it does not fight bacteria, because it is not antimicrobial. Rather, it helps unclog pores, remove built-up dirt, and remove and prevent injury.
Glycolic Acid Treatments for Acne:
Although it is not antibacterial either, glycolic acid favors the exfoliation of the dermis and the disappearance of dead cells. It also prevents the build-up of oils on the skin which keeps pimples at bay.
The acid penetrates the skin and hair follicles and dissolves the accumulated fat and protein in the pores. An advantage of this compound is that it reduces the appearance of acne spots. Of course, it can leave your skin sensitive to the sun, so remember to apply creams with a high sun protection factor.